5 pm in the market is Spiral Up Kids - you can't beat their free range farm-to-table fun!
And at 3:30pm, join us for music by talented local youth...this is a new program through August at the Farm Fest! We'll be featuring young performers the music tent from 3:45-4:30pm. If you or anyone you know has a yen to perform, we'd love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Did you know that Waldo of Where's Waldo is celebrating his 25th Anniversary this July? To celebrate, The Golden Notebook is hosting a Where's Waldo scavenger hunt in the market. Come to the info booth at 4pm to join in on the fun!
We're having a Pie Contest! It's peaches this week. You can bring your perfect pie for judging at 4pm. 5pm is tastings.
And in exciting farm news...tomatoes are IN!
And that there is a Chicken of the Woods mushroom - Forager Rick hopes to have more at the market this week at Migliorelli's. They are delicious but maybe a large, orange mushroom is a bit intimidating to cook with the first time. Here's a super easy recipe to use them from the Cornell Mycology blog:
3 Tablespoons butter
1 cup diced Chicken of the Woods
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cream cheese
2 or 3 shallots, diced
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
5 or 6 eggs
1/2 cup cream or half and half
Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a heavy frying pan over low heat.
- Beat the eggs and cream, add salt and pepper to taste; pour into the pan.
- As the eggs start to cook, sprinkle the Chicken of the Woods, cheese, shallots and parsley over the top.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more until the egg mixture sets.
- Fold the omelet over and remove from the heat; cover and let sit for 1 minute.