The Woodstock Farm Festival is committed to helping our community minimize its environmental impact. You can do your part by factoring in sustainability when dining out.
* Patronize restaurants that feature local products and seasonal menus.
* Bring a reusable container for take-out or to take home leftovers.
* If you are dining with friends, carpool.
If you run a restaurant, there are many ways you can become a model for green dining.
* Build menus around seasonal and locally grown or produced foods, organic when available.
* Use fair trade coffee and teas.
* Avoid individually wrapped sugar/sugar alternative packets; salt/pepper packets; creamers and butter pats; packets of ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc. Use refillable bowls, shakers and pitchers so people can serve themselves.
*Pack take-away orders and leftovers in biodegradable or recycled packaging. Put in napkins made from recycled paper.
*Use durable pie tins and baking and roasting pans rather than disposable aluminum.
*Instead of discarding food at the end of the day, donate all leftover edible food to an organization capable of taking prepared food and compost whatever you can.